- In 'gif_text' there are more fonts, which however in most cases contain incomplete character-set.
The fonts which are contained in Text2Img are filled up with most of the missing characters.
- The directory structers differ. Generally every font constitutes its own subdirectory.
While in gif_text these subdirectories reside directly under the gif_text-program directory
there is a separate subdirectory named 'fonts\' put in between the x:\gif_text\ and the
- The original-'gif_text' my be used as cgi on a web-server,
Text2Img cannot (because of its GUI-based nature).
- In Text2Img you can save the set of parameters, which you have used for generating an image,
as a so-called 'Profile' and at any time later you can recall it for usage with a different text.
- In Text2Img there is no more the possibility to use it from a commandline session.